The initial idea
Thursday, March 24, 2011
Tuesday, March 22, 2011
Tuesday, February 15, 2011
Tuesday, February 8, 2011
Tuesday, February 1, 2011
Monday, January 31, 2011
- Who do you think are the target audience of this clip?
- What do you think are the main key messages that the clip is trying to communicate?
- Do you think the clip is effective? Why or why not?
- How do you think the messaging/clip could be further improved?
1. The target audiences for this clip are kids.
2. I think the main key messages are how CFL bulbs are more environmentally friendly than incandescent bulbs and that they should change their bulbs to CFL bulbs. Another message i think they are trying to pass is on saving energy and how to do it.
3. I think the clip is effective on kids. The clip uses characters which are rather cartoon-ish which most kids would like and the voices of the characters are cartoon-y and fun therefore it will attract kids. The clip also speaks very straightforwardly to the audiences so kids would not have a hard time understanding.
4. Make the characters more appealing. Other than that, I think the video is great for kids
- What do you think are some of the limitations of using renewable energy resources, based on the clip that you have seen?
- What are some possible solutions that the video have suggested?
- How do you think Energy Conservation messages can be communicated effectively in the school or local context? Give or suggest some examples.
1. The limitations of using renewable energy sources are affected by people. One example of these is wind energy. In the video, big wind turbines are built too close to residence therefore causing problems for the people. However, the wind turbines also cannot be put anywhere
as some places do not have enough wind, making the places to reuse wind energy limited.
2. Some of the solutions the video suggested are building smaller turbines in residential areas and the bigger ones further away. The video also mentioned using lesser energy so people need not reuse too much energy.
3. In messages of Energy Conservation, show these people examples of the benefits gained from energy conservation. For example, we can tell them that adopting energy conservation can not only conserve energy but also help them financially.